It is the Vision of the Araluen Botanic Park Foundation to: Create a unique, world-class botanic park of great natural beauty and tranquillity, which is accessible to and remembered by all who visit.
The Araluen Botanic Park Foundation’s Mission is to: Manage, market and enhance the Park’s unique environment and attract more visitors through the creation of new gardens and the hosting of special events.
Araluen Botanic Park owes its ongoing splendour and continual development to a number of dedicated individuals working as a team, for the benefit of the Park.
The Foundation’s devoted staff and hard-working Foundation Council, together with DEC staff provide countless hours of work to ensure the Park is an exceptional public park and premier WA tourist attraction.
Our Volunteers, Sponsors and Park Members, provide additional hours of gardening work, event management services, financial support and sales assistance in the Gift Shop.
- Grant Nixon (General Manager)
- Alena Visser (Events Officer)
- Alan Colman (Garden Supervisor)
- Sue Minson (Administration)
- Tinna O’Neill (Chalet Healy Tearooms Operations Manager)
- Tenielle Armour (Personal Assistant General Manager)
- Foundation Council and Corporate Governance
The Araluen Botanic Park Foundation (Inc.) is a not-for-profit volunteer organisation that was incorporated on 24th July 1990, under the Associations Incorporation Act 1987. The ‘Araluen Botanic Park’ business name and trademark are also registered with the appropriate statutory authorities.
- Mike Nelson (President)
- John Colwill (Vice President)
- Rob Fidock (Vice President)
- Katrina Grose (Treasurer)
- David Shearer (Secretary)
- Di Durston
- Rob Fidock
- Ian Harris
- Tamsin Marsh
- Dr Vanessa Quintal