As autumn begins to set in, Araluen Botanic Park is getting ready to welcome visitors to its stunning gardens, which are about to burst into an array of beautiful autumn colors. With Parks Week 2023 from March 4th to 12th, there’s never been a better time to visit the Park and enjoy the many benefits of spending time in nature. This year’s theme, “Parks and Wellbeing,” focuses on the positive impact of spending time in green spaces on mental and physical health. Araluen Botanic Park has a long-standing reputation for promoting health and well-being. The stunning gardens and natural surroundings provide a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Here are five ways to spend Parks Week at Araluen Botanic Park:
- Take a leisurely stroll through the gardens: As autumn begins, the Park’s gardens start to change, creating a vibrant and colourful landscape. Parks Week is the perfect time to take a slow walk through the gardens and admire the many different species of plants and flowers.
- Have a picnic: Araluen Botanic Park offers plenty of picnic areas, perfect for enjoying a relaxing meal surrounded by nature. Pack a picnic basket, take advantage of our BBQ facilities, and spend the day enjoying the tranquility of the Park.
- Bring your camera: The Park’s stunning gardens and landscapes offer plenty of opportunities for photography enthusiasts to capture the beauty of nature.
- Explore the Park’s history: Araluen Botanic Park has a rich history, dating back to the early 1900s. Take a self-guided tour of the Park’s heritage trails, check out the iconic log cabins, and learn about the fascinating history and development of the Park.
- Relax and unwind: The Park’s natural surroundings make it the perfect place to unwind and relax. Find a quiet spot to sit and meditate, read a book, or simply enjoy the tranquility of the peaceful surroundings.
Parks Week 2023 is the perfect opportunity to visit Araluen Botanic Park and discover the many benefits of spending time in nature. With the autumn colors starting to appear and the weather starting to cool down, there’s never been a better time to explore the Park’s breathtaking gardens and enjoy the tranquility of its natural surroundings. So why not pack a picnic, grab a camera, and head to the park for a relaxing day out this Parks Week? Book your visit today, and don’t forget to tag us in your posts and use the hashtag #ParksWeek2023.