The Perfect Setting For A Family Picnic
The Araluen Botanic Park Foundation is continually working on upgrading the heritage structures across the Park. During summer 2021/2022 we will be doing further upgrades to some of our buildings including the Chalet Healy, so the café will be closed until further notice. In the meanwhile, pack a picnic or bring your BBQ pack and use one of our electric BBQs located throughout the Park.
The Araluen Team is working hard to provide alternate eating options at the Park, including mobile food vendors. Please call us to find out if there will be vendors on your next visit.
Where can I buy tickets?
You can conveniently buy tickets to our beautiful Araluen Botanic Park at araluenbotanicparkfoundationinc.rezdy.com. Alternatively, you can purchase tickets at the entrance to the park as you drive in. At the Gate House, one of our helpful staff can assist you in purchasing your tickets. Please be aware that surcharge will apply for transaction and handling.
Do you accept Companion Cards?
Yes, we do accept Companion Cards – please present them at the Gate when you enter the Park. You can get two tickets for the price of one full adult ticket. The price varies per season, but is usually $10 – $15.
Do you offer memberships?
We offer three different types of membership.
- Basic Membership – $25.00. Free entry to Araluen for the member for the duration of 1 year
- Friends/Family Membership – $60.00. Free entry to Araluen for the member and two guests
- + up to 3 children for the duration of 1 year
- Life membership – $600.00. Free entry to Araluen for the member and two guests + up to 6 children for life.
All funds received from and raised by members contribute toward the maintenance and development of the Park.
Can I use my membership card in Springtime?
Yes! Araluen Botanic Park is absolutely beautiful in the springtime, and our amazing tulips are in full bloom. Your membership also includes free entry to the annual springtime festival, where you can see over 150,000 tulips and other flowering plants. For more information on our spring festival, visit our information page here.
Please note that new memberships cannot be processed at the Gate during Springtime.
What should I bring?
Araluen is the perfect place for a relaxing and scenic trip with friends and family. Particularly in the spring, you can see our amazing flowers, especially our renowned tulips, and plenty of spectacular wildlife. We recommend bringing a camera or binoculars to help you capture some amazing memories and spot our beautiful birds. Suitable footwear is also recommended, as we have beautiful hiking trails that you can wander down to experience more adventure at Araluen.
With plenty of open grass, picnics are the perfect way to spend the afternoon at Araluen. Bring your favourite picnic supplies, and stretch out and enjoy a summer’s day. Take a walk through the park and visit some of our landmarks, such as the Old Swimming Pool.
Whilst we have limited mobile reception at Araluen Botanic Park, free public Wi-Fi is available throughout the Park. We are a smoke-free venue.
What can't I take into the park?
At Araluen, we strive to ensure that our beautiful natural landscape is well maintained and looked after. Unfortunately, this means that there are some objects you are not allowed to take into the park.
- Cigarettes and alcohol – we have a plethora of natural wildlife that calls Araluen their home. These items can cause damage to our flora and fauna, and negatively impact the environment.
- Rollerblades, bicycles, scooters, and skateboards – Araluen is a peaceful and relaxing park, and we want to ensure the safety of each of our guests. Please do not bring these items into the park.
- Drones, kites, and fireworks – these items have the potential to be dangerous to our guests, and the birds and other wildlife that live in our park.
- Pets – while we love our furry friends, they can negatively affect our natural wildlife species.
- Wedding parties, wedding photos, ceremonies, or clothing resembling wedding attire – at Araluen, we have a dedicated Wedding season where you are more than welcome to book a wedding ceremony, reception, or photography session. Please ensure that wedding-related activities are officially booked and are during the right time of year.
How big is the Park?
There are 14 hectares of developed botanic gardens to enjoy at Araluen. As it is such a large space, we highly recommend that you take a minimum of 2 hours to fully enjoy the park. If you’d like to explore more of the bushland, you can do so through exclusive hiking sessions.
How do I get there?
Araluen Botanic Park is accessible by car. If you are departing from the Perth CBD, take Graham Farmer Freeway to Tonkin Highway. From there, exit at Brookton Highway, and continue until you reach Croyden Road. Our park is located at 362 Croyden Road, Roleystone. From Perth to Araluen, the drive should take approximately 1 hour.
If you are driving to Araluen Botanic Park we have plenty of parking bays available. Our friendly Gate Attendants will direct you to an available space upon arrival. ACROD parking is available.
If you are using public transport, we’d recommend catching the Armadale train line to the Kelmscott or Armadale Station. We’d recommend getting a taxi or Uber from the Station, as the nearest bus stop is around 4km from the Park.
Is Araluen Botanic Park wheelchair friendly?
Yes, Araluen is absolutely wheelchair accessible. We have a special needs access road, located just off Croyden Road, where wheelchair users can access the park via the designated ACROD parking bays. On our map, we have identified ramps, as well as easy paths, which are designed to be flat and easily accessible. All of the public toilets within Araluen are wheelchair accessible and have facilities for those with special needs, and for parents as well.
The Chalet Healy Cafe is also wheelchair friendly, for easy access.
For more information, visit AccessWA’s website.
How do I book a group visit?
Visiting Araluen with friends and family is a great way to spend the day. Group bookings (8 or more visitors in one vehicle) can be made online at araluenbotanicparkfoundationinc.rezdy.com
To book a coach group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 9234 2200. Bookings are essential for all coach groups throughout the Springtime Festival.